You will need (per pom):
- Approx. 80 coffee filters
- 2-inch Styrofoam ball
- Unsharpened pencil
- Glue gun and sticks
- Fishing line
1 and 2. Get out the filters and styrofoam balls.
3. Take a yard of fishing line, string it through the big needle and knot the end together. Knot it three times. Stick the needle through the middle of the styrofoam ball, pulling the fishing line through. Cut off the needle and knot the top of the fishing line.
4. Add a bit of glue to the knot at the bottom of the ball. This will keep the knot from creeping through the ball!
5. Center the filter around the end of an unsharpened pencil. Pull it taut - not too taut or the pencil will push through the filter!
6. Add glue to the end of the filter. Hold the pencil end against the styrofoam ball for 5 seconds. Take the pencil out and do it again. Space the filters closely together. The closer they are, the more filled the ball will look at the end.
7. Add some more filters
Done! Unless you feel like spray-painting the edges to coordinate with the party you're throwing. That would be super crafty of you!